Do Azo Cranberry Pills Work for a Drug Test?
9 Pros & Cons
If you’re no stranger to marijuana, you’ll know that every now and then, you may have to pass a drug test. Whether it’s for a job, or you need a clean test for legal reasons, there’s no denying there are plenty of methods out there.
That being said, do any of these methods even work?
Well, that’s what we’re here to find out. After a deep dive into the internet, we searched far and wide to come up with the answer to whether or not cranberries can help you pass a drug test or not.
How Cranberries Detox?
If you’ve ever had a urinary tract infection, you’ll be familiar with cranberry juice.
Cranberries are diuretic, meaning they’re great for increasing the need to urinate. But can cranberry juice clean your system for a drug test?
Cranberry juice works to get rid of toxins and helps remove harmful substances.
It actually works rather similar to other pee cheat tests such as niacin Aspirin and Zinc.
Niacin, also known as B Vitamins, is a Vitamin that occurs naturally in the human body. It helps us metabolize carbohydrates.
For this flush-out method to work, you’re going to need to intake a high dosage of niacin B Vitamins, around 500 – 200 mg daily.
In 100g of cranberry juice, there’s around 0.04g of niacin B Vitamins. That means you’d have to drink a whopping 500g of cranberries each day.
Do They Help Produce Negative Drug Tests?
Cranberries certainly help produce a negative test, but it probably shouldn’t be your only means. Drinking a good amount of cranberry juice will aid your body to flush out the toxins and it’ll also get you to pee more.
Both work great for passing a urine drug test.
However, THC tends to store itself inside your fat tissues for a long period. This makes it a lot harder to get rid of the toxin levels sitting in your body.
That’s not to say it doesn’t work at all, though. Some people swear by cranberries to help them pass drug tests, while others fail to see the results they want.
If you’re a heavy smoker and you smoke marijuana every day for a few years, this method is less likely to work. If you’re an occasional smoker and you haven’t had a joint in a while, you may find cranberries to be more effective for you.
“Drinking 1-2 glasses of unsweetened cranberry juice daily before every meal may help to boost metabolism and flush toxins from our bodies.”
– Debrah, The Harvest Kitchen 
While cranberries will help, it never guarantees a negative drug test result. Of course, you’ll have to avoid marijuana as your urine tests approach.
You’ll also need to drink a large amount of cranberry juice for a couple of days to help flush out the THC. Some people believe that it’ll take weeks for the cranberry juice to detox, so there generally isn’t any guaranteed time frame.
The best way to detox your body is to drink cranberry juice alongside other methods, including working out often and eating healthy meals.
As long as you drink a reasonable amount and you’re not damaging your health, there is no reason why you can’t drink some cranberry juice to help aid a body cleanser.
Does Cranberry Juice Helps?
When you take into account how well cranberry helps a UTI, it’s pretty valid to think it’ll help drug toxins too.
But does cranberry juice help pass drug tests?
After many clinical trials, cranberry juice has proven benefits such as:
- Good for your digestive health
- Good for your overall hearts health
- Effective treatment for urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Antioxidant for age-related concerns
- Helps fight kidney stones
For help passing a drug test with cranberry juice, try following this cleanse spread:
24-hour Cranberry Juice Cleanse
Before we begin, it’s important to make sure you don’t have any allergies related to cranberries.
You also need to avoid drinking too much cranberry juice as it can have harmful effects on your body. Too much of any liquid – even water – can lead to hyponatremia.
You’ll want to make sure you give yourself at least 24 hours before your scheduled drug test. The more time, the better. But 24 hours should suffice.
Purchase 2 liters of real cranberry juice. This means a detox drink without any added sugar and fructose as it could cause damage to your liver.
Don’t try and down the whole bottle in one. Splitting it into 2 glasses, over the span of a few hours, will ensure you won’t have any side effects such as water intoxication.
When it comes to your urine test, hopefully, you have gotten rid of all the THC metabolites through frequent urinating.
Related Article: What’s the Best Ways to Detox Your System in 24h?
Cranberry Juice Pros and Cons
Since cranberries are packed full of natural ingredients, there are a handful of benefits on top of passing a drug test.
- Cheap and readily available
- Antioxidant properties
- Natural diuretic
- Fights UTIs
- Good for the heart
- Tastes great
- It may be harder to source 100% natural juice as ones full of sugar may cause health problems
- Doesn’t guarantee you to pass a drug test
- Only works as a temporary detox fix
- May not react well to forms of medications (diclofenac, cefaclor, tizanidine, aspirin, amoxicillin)
Can Azo Cranberry Pills Help You Detox?
Azo Cranberry, just like the juice and cranberries themselves, is not a sure-fire way to pass a drug test. Although, since Azo Cranberry Pills act as a diuretic, it does help with the detox process.
Salicylic acid, like the one you’ll find inside aspirin, will also help to detoxify your body.
Azo pills won’t perform a mega clean and you may actually be giving away your secret since Azo pills tend to turn your urine a dark orange.
How To Cleanse Using Azo Cranberry Pills
- Take 2 Azo pills with a full glass of water each day
- If you feel the need, you can take up to 4 Azo standard pills a day. Exceeding this dosage can have harmful effects on your system. It is best to take 2 Azo standard pills with a full glass of water, then another 2 with another full glass of water a few hours later
- Make sure to drink lots of water while avoiding water intoxication 
- Urinate often
Azo Cranberry Pills Pros and Cons
- Ingredients include Vitamin C which can aid in detoxing
- Contains salicylic acid, found in aspirin, which is an ingredient that helps mask drugs use
- Treats UTIs and kidney stones
- Can turn your urine dark orange
- Won’t completely beat a drug test
- They provide a 90-day money-back guarantee
- It may be hard to come by since it’s not so popular in the detox world
- Azo pills may not work well if not taken with the right amount of water and electrolytes (baking soda is an example of an electrolyte)
Azo Cranberry Pills Side Effects
The risks associated with Azo pills are generally the same as the juice. First and foremost, ensure you are not allergic to cranberries or the ingredients inside.
If you’re allergic to aspirin (the salicylic acid ingredient) then it’s best to avoid these pills altogether. Avoid consuming large quantities of liquid and avoid drinking alcohol.
Generally, these pills will be safe to use. Always check the ingredients before consuming them ahead of your urine test.
What is Palo Azul Tea?
Palo Azul is a tea bark found in South America. These detox drinks are often used ahead of an upcoming urine test.
It’s wise to contact a healthcare professional if you’re suffering from your kidneys, bladder, and urethra since it is said to flush toxins from your system.
Drinking this tea can increase your urine rate and also help produce negative lab tests.
How To Cleanse Using Palo Azul Tea
Detoxing with Palo Azul 18-24 hours before your urine drug test will increase the efficacy.
- Grab 2 – 3 pieces of Palo Azul bark and fill your pot with half a gallon of water
- Let your pot boil with the bark inside for 90 minutes
- Remove the bark and pour the tea into your cup
- Drink the full amount of tea 18-24 hours before your urine drug test. Don’t drink any more than the recommended amount since it can dilute your urine and raise red flags during your drug testing
Palo Azul tea can be drunk either hot or cold. It is quite similar to the green tea detox and you’ll notice it changes a red, blue, or brown shade.
Palo Azul Tea Pros and Cons
- Completely natural and safe
- Under $30
- Is good for your long term health
- Many people have reported positive results 
- Requires more in-depth research
- Isn’t guaranteed to work despite the good reviews
Related Article: Does Yogi Detox Tea Help Pass a Drug Test ?
So, Do Azo Cranberry Pills Really Help?
Azo Cranberry Pills aren’t the best method for beating urine drugs test. While the salicylic acid certainly helps flush this choice toxin from your system, it won’t produce a negative test result alone.
As long as you safely drink the liquid and take the right amount of pills, cranberries won’t do any harm, if anything it will do you good since it contains salicylic acid, natural zinc, and B-Vitamins.
The only downside is the lack of creatinine level.
If you’re facing a urine drug test soon, you can use the cranberry juice flush method to help aid the detoxification system. But, it’s best not to rely on it to give you a negative test.