How to Use Potable Aqua Pills to Pass a Drug Test?
Are you on a search for a way to eliminate metabolites from your body and pass your drug testing? You might be tempted to try all the products out there, like potable aqua. But you shouldn’t.
You could experience serious side effects such as vomiting or poisoning. That’s why we’ve spent endless hours researching potable aqua and its effects on your body. Here’s everything you need to know to prepare on time.
What Are Potable Aqua Pills?
Potable aqua pills are essentially water purification tablets. They kill bacteria and viruses and are mainly used by militaries or campers to purify water and make it safe for drinking.
Some people tried using it to clean their urine from THC, but there’s still no scientific evidence that this method works. Here are the three main ingredients:
- Tetraglycine hydroperiodide
- Chlorine (Sodium Chlorite) 
Why Aqua Pills Could Help You Pass Your Drug Test
Considering that potable aqua tablets are water purification tablets, it makes some sense that they could help you clean your urine from drug metabolites—the breakdown products of drugs that will get you flagged on a drug test.
Some people tried using them to detox before their drug testing, and some claim they were effective. But there are definitely more people claiming that pills won’t get the metabolites out of your system even if they do accelerate the detox process.
Urine Drug Test: Using Potable Aqua Pills
Potable aqua pills are used specifically for urine drug testing. Urine tests can be conducted in one of the two following ways:
- Urine sample produced at home. The donor brings his urine from home.
- Urine sample produced at the facility. The donor produces and submits his urine sample under supervised conditions.
If you can produce your sample at home, you have good chances of beating your drug test without getting caught. But it may get quite tricky if you’re taking a supervised test. This means someone will either monitor you producing the sample or, worse, directly observe you while doing so.
Monitored vs Directly Observed Drug Tests
Before you decide if you should use potable aqua to pass a drug test, you need to know which type of drug test you’re actually taking.
There are two types of supervised drug tests:
- A monitored test. The supervisor secures the stall and listens for signs of tampering but is forbidden from directly observing you.
- A directly observed test. The supervisor must watch the urine go from your body to the container.
The type of drug test you’ll take depends on whether you’ve ever taken a drug test before and tested positive or if you were found tampering with the results. If so, then you’re probably in for a directly observed drug test.
How to Use Potable Aqua to Alter Your Results
Considering using potable aqua tablets to pass a drug test? Here are two ways you can do so.
Method #1: Drink Treated Water
Some claim that this is the more effective method out of the two we’ll discuss. This mixture supposedly cleans your body in just 72 hours.
With that said, keep in mind that you shouldn’t drink treated water for more than a few days. While iodine and chlorine are generally safe, taking that stuff over a longer period isn’t healthy.
How to prepare your treated water
- Add two tablets to one liter of water in a bottle or another container you can close.
- Wait 5 minutes.
- Shake the container and then wait 30 minutes.
- By now, your water should be rust-colored and have a strong iodine taste. To remove the iodine taste and color, add two PA+ tablets to your treated water.
- Shake the container and wait 5 more minutes before you drink the water.
Ensure that the chlorine has removed the discoloration and iodine taste before you drink it. The mixture could slightly alter your urine and raise suspicions in the lab if you use it for more than 5 days.
Method #2: Add Pills to Your Urine Sample
Potable aqua pills are water purification tablets, remember? This means they can also “purify” your urine.
This method could be less effective than drinking treated water directly, but it’s safer, quicker, and easier. (Not to mention that there’s no evidence that either method actually eliminates drug metabolites from your body.)
How to purify your sample:
- Add two tablets to your urine sample.
- Stir to accelerate dissolving.
- Wait until the tablets are completely dissolved.
There are some obvious drawbacks of this method:
- You’ll have to wait a while before the tablets are completely dissolved, which might not be possible considering you’ll be supervised.
- Your sample might cool off, and the lab will immediately be able to tell that you tried to cheat.
Are Potable Aqua Tablets Safe?
If you consume them correctly, aqua tablets are completely safe. As we’ve already established, their main purpose is to clean the water and make it safe for drinking.
Iodine and chlorine eliminate different viruses and bacteria from water, but too much of that stuff could harm your body too:
“When used inappropriately, excessively, or when swallowed whole, [water purifying chemicals] lead to immediate irritation of the mouth, throat, and stomach causing symptoms [like] burning and irritation in the mouth and throat, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain.”
– Serkalem Mekonnen and Kristina Yee, certified specialists in poison information
The takeaway? Don’t overdo it, and you should be fine.
Where Can I Find the Pills?
You can find the pills in most camping and outdoor shops because they’re mostly used by campers to clean water. You can also find them online on sites like Amazon and eBay.
A quick Google search should give you several options. If you’ve already found pills you want to purchase, make sure you go through the ingredients and check if they contain chlorine and iodine.
Alternatives to the Tablets
By now, you probably realize that there’s no guarantee that pills will get drug metabolites out of your system.
That’s why I want to give you several different options. Let’s start with the alternatives to pills:
- Potable aqua in liquid and powder forms. If you’d like to add water purifying chemicals to your urine—instead of drinking treated water—then liquid and powder would work better than the pills.
If you want to increase your chances of getting the metabolites out of your body, consider using these products instead:
- Niacin pills. Niacin is a water-soluble vitamin that allegedly flushes metabolites right out of your system. It’s also virtually undetectable by the lab.
- Fake urine. If you’re looking for a reliable way to pass your drug test, synthetic urine could help. It won’t rid your body of metabolites, but it could be your only way to pass if you’re short on time.
- Detox mixture. The healthiest and safest way to pass is to buy detox drinks and start exercising. This method works well but takes a lot of time (around 30 days).
Read More: Cream of Tartar Drug Test Method Explained
What If I Get Caught?
There isn’t much you can do besides retaking your drug test. In that case, you’ll have to be tested under direct observation. Your report will state that you’re positive or, in the best-case scenario, that you refused to take the test.
Recommended Article: What Happens if You Get Caught Using Synthetic Urine?
What Happens If I Fail?
If you fail your drug test, your report will state that your results were positive. You won’t suffer any consequences from the government, and you definitely won’t go to jail.
However, a positive result might cost you your job depending on your company’s policy. If a doctor ordered drug testing, this only means your result will help him understand how you should be treated. The good news is you can choose to retake the test at any point!
For how long should I take potable aqua tablets?
Take aqua tablets for at least one day, no longer than 5 days in sequence.
Can aqua pills get me into trouble?
If your urine sample indicates that you’ve treated it with something, then yes. While this method isn’t exactly illegal, your report will state that you’re positive for THC or other drugs, and it might even state that you’ve tried altering your results.
Conclusion: Do Aqua Pills Actually Work?
Based on our research and observation, we’d have to go with no. Many people who tried using aqua pills reported that they still flunked their test. There’s also no scientific evidence that the pills work for flushing THC out of your body.
More importantly, directly drinking the mixture of chlorine and iodine may damage your health if you don’t mix it well or add too much of it to your water. Even then, the pills might change the color of your urine and give away that you treated your urine. Overall, we wouldn’t rely on aqua pills as an effective method of detox.