Omni Cleansing Shampoo Review (2023) Is It Worth Buying?
The hair follicle drug test is among the hardest to pass. Drug metabolites stay in hair follicles for up to 90 days. That’s why many people turn to a hair treatment system, such as detox shampoos.
I’ve tried and reviewed countless cleansing shampoos, and today I’ll talk about the Omni Hair follicle-cleansing shampoo. I’ve used it myself, and I’ve talked with others who used it as well.
Here’s my Omni Cleansing Shampoo review so you can decide if this product will be effective for you.
What is Omni Cleansing Shampoo?
Omni Cleansing shampoo is manufactured by Purified. This deep hair cleansing shampoo can remove unwanted pollutants, drug toxins, chlorine, and chemical residue buildup from the hair shaft and follicles.
The Omni active hair cleansing treatment shampoo comes in a 1oz bottle, and it should be left for 5 to 10 minutes on wet hair.
Omni Cleansing Shampoo Highlights
I used Omni cleansing shampoo a few times myself, and these are the biggest benefits I found.
1. Doesn’t Damage Your Hair
Omni shampoo has many ingredients that a regular shampoo has, so it shouldn’t be too damaging for the hair follicles.
Its ingredients are:
- Aluminum Lake Blue No.1 — A food additive commonly used in foods, drugs, and cosmetics .
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine — Organic compound derived from coconut oil. Coconut oil is proven to be good for the hair .
- ED&C Yellow No. 5 and Fragrance — Artificial coloring approved by the FDA .
- Lauramide DEA — Increases foam for better hair rinsing.
- Methyl Paraben — Prevents germ growth.
- Purified Water — Processed water that removes chemicals and toxins from the hair.
- Sodium Chloride — Exfoliates the scalp and gives a deep cleanse.
- Sulfonate — A cleansing agent that removes oil and dirt from hair.
- Tetrasodium EDTA — Neutralizes metal ions in hard water to clean the hair.
- Triethanolamine — Increases the pH of the shampoo.
The ingredients won’t damage the hair and aren’t harsh, unlike some other commonly used options.
2. Easy to Use
I found Omni Cleansing Shampoo to be easy to use.
I followed these steps:
- Wet the hair, then evenly distribute half a bottle.
- Massage the shampoo thoroughly, and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use warm water and wash your hair.
- Apply the rest of the shampoo. Once again, leave for 5 to 10 minutes, and rinse.
- Brush the hair with a new comb.
- Don’t blow-dry; towel-dry the hair for best effectiveness. Don’t use the same hair towel, i.e., the towel you’ve used already – use a fresh towel.
If you have very dark and thick hair, let the shampoo sit for at least 10 minutes.
The shampoo will be effective for 8 to 10 hours, so it’s best to do the hair follicle test during this time.
Omni Cleansing Shampoo Pros
- Leaves the hair cleansed for up to 10 hours
- Can remove chlorine and other impurities
- Made in the USA
- Price 5/5
- Effectiveness 4/5
- Duration 4/5
Omni Cleansing Shampoo Shortfalls
I also found Omni Anti-Residue Shampoo to have some shortcomings. Let’s discuss more in this Omni Cleansing Shampoo review.
The main issue I had was the shampoo’s effectiveness. It’s true that it effectively cleans the hair. However, the results aren’t the same for all users.
If you’re a light smoker, you’ll probably pass a hair test. But, if you’re a heavy smoker, this post-swim hair cleanser shampoo won’t be as effective. Also, the effectiveness of Omni detox shampoo depends on how long your hair is. If you have very thick and long hair — longer than shoulder length — you’ll have to use more than one bottle, which drives the price up.
2. Some Ingredients Cause Redness
I’ve talked about how ingredients won’t damage your hair. However, they can be harmful to the skin.
In particular, tetrasodium EDTA can cause eczema and skin irritations in people with sensitive skin . Methyl Paraben can cause itching, dryness, and scaly skin . Finally, triethanolamine can cause allergic reactions, eye irritation, and dry hair and skin .
Most users should be fine, but you may experience some side effects if you have sensitive skin.
Omni Detox Shampoo Cons
- Low effectiveness
- Can’t be used with other hair products
Comparison to Other Detox Shampoos
Here’s how the Omni cleansing shampoo review compares to other shampoos that can help you pass a hair follicle drug test.
Omni is one of the most affordable shampoos for passing drug tests. It’s priced at around $30. Zydot Ultra Clean is similarly priced at $35.95. Folli Kleen is also priced at around $35, and Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid is the most expensive at $235.90.
You’ll only get one bottle of Omni hair shampoo in the package, and its size is 1oz, which is pretty low. Ultra Clean is 1.6oz, and Folli Kleen is bigger — it has 4oz. Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid is the largest — 8oz, which means you’ll be able to use it multiple times.
None of these will leave your hair dry, but some are better than others. Omni has some ingredients that can cause side effects. Ultra Clean is a shampoo and a conditioner so you get two in one. Folli Kleen is often used with the Macujo method, which damages hair. Aloe Toxin Rid can be used with your normal shampoo and conditioner, as long as you follow each step correctly.
- Ultra Cleanse Shampoo Review
- High Voltage Detox Shampoo Review
- Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo Review
- Clear Choice Hair Follicle Shampoo Review
Where to Buy?
Omni Detox shampoo can be caught from several online retailers, and the price is around $30. Make sure to check the Omni Cleansing Shampoo review comments before buying to avoid fake items.
Other Users’ Omni Cleansing Shampoo Review
Kathy B. from Texas
Kathy said she passed drug tests with this shampoo. She’s been smoking weed for 10 years. She bought two bottles to pass the hair drug test and used the first one a week before her hair follicle drug tests. She used the second one a day before the test.
Jackson A. from Minnesota
Jackson said he didn’t pass his hair drug test. He followed each step and made sure not to re-contaminate the hair by using old towels and a comb. He even used the shampoo two times and still tested low.
Does Omni detox shampoo work?
Omni detox shampoo will probably work for a hair follicle test if you’re a light smoker and have short hair.
How long do hair detox shampoos last?
How long detox shampoo lasts depends on the shampoo you use. They usually last from 60 minutes to 24 hours.
Should You Try Omni Cleansing Shampoo?
Omni perfect hair-cleansing formula could be effective for you. However, as this Omni Cleansing Shampoo review revealed, this isn’t the best detox shampoo I’ve used. My vote goes to Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid.
It comes in one of the biggest bottles on the market — 8oz, which is enough for multiple uses. You can use it a few days before your drug test to ensure you’re toxin-free and your hair won’t be damaged.
Aloe Toxin Rid can also be used with your normal shampoo and conditioner, and it won’t diminish its effectiveness.
Besides helping you pass a drug test, Aloe Toxin Rid will also remove residual buildup, pollutants, chemicals, and other impurities. You’ll have a healthier scalp.
Check it out, and order your bottle today.