What Is Holistic Drug Detox? (16 Commonly Used Therapies)
A successful recovery pathway typically involves a holistic approach to detoxification and rehabilitation for individuals struggling with addiction.
Psychotherapeutic treatments like cognitive behavioral therapy and group counseling are often used to address the psychological trauma of this illness.
I have performed extensive research and consulted a drug abuse treatment specialist to provide you with detailed information on what holistic drug detox entails.
- By combining traditional clinical practices with alternative medicine, holistic therapy provides individuals with the highest level of care available.
- Holistic therapies are ideal if you want to recover from substance abuse in the long run.
- Holistic practices provide a holistic approach to healing rather than focusing solely on addiction or disorder.
What Is Holistic Drug Detox?
A holistic drug detox is an all-encompassing approach that engages the person: mind, body, and spirit.
Combining holistic approaches with traditional medical detox is often the best solution for individuals seeking to cleanse their bodies of drug addiction.
Holistic drug detox offers the invaluable benefit of potentially decreasing relapse rates after completing the program .
By digging deep to address addiction’s roots, those who experience this type of treatment become equipped with strategies and skills to help them stay sober in the long run.
Types of Holistic Drug Detox
If you are considering holistic addiction treatment, you must understand what this type of therapy entails and the various treatments employed.
While there are numerous approaches to choose from, your exact therapeutic approach depends on your provider. However, here are a few examples of commonly used holistic therapies for addiction treatment:
- Tai chi
- Art therapy
- Exercise therapy
- Breathing exercises
- Massage therapy
- Nutritional interventions
- Chiropractic care
- Music therapy
- Spiritual counseling
- Biofeedback and neurofeedback
How Does Holistic Drug Treatment Work?
Holistic drug treatment works by encompassing a healing strategy that incorporates physical, mental, and spiritual aspects to support those enduring substance abuse issues.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), holistic addiction recovery programs can be a beneficial aid in helping patients reach their desired outcomes through the following:
- Identify triggers.
- Understand the step-by-step events that led to drug use.
- Overcome triggers by practicing visualization, implementing thought disruption techniques, and engaging in relaxation activities.
- Identify and cultivate constructive alternatives to substance abuse to lead a healthier life.
- Develop a long-term holistic recovery plan .
Holistic therapies encompass a wide array of treatments and approaches. The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health reported that 40% of American adults utilize CAM therapy .
Elements Of A Holistic Drug Detox Program
Every holistic drug detox program incorporates unique elements but has similar core components.
Here is a list of the major aspects of holistic detox:
- Holistic detox treatment centers offer comprehensive medical treatment encompassing the body and mind.
- For a complete, whole-person recovery experience, an impartial specialist must evaluate your past behavior through individual therapy.
- Group therapy. Group therapy enables individuals in recovery to find solace and support through the collective experience of others.
- Exercise is a fantastic way to relieve stress and create natural endorphins that can battle the effects of substance detox and help build a healthy lifestyle.
- Substance addiction can lead to insufficient nourishment and essential nutrients, creating an unhealthy lifestyle; therefore, nutritional therapy alongside detox drinks is available to support the body’s natural cleansing process. Nutritional counseling is then used to help sustain the progress.
- Meditating and practicing yoga are proven ways to combat stress, channel good energy, and cultivate a positive outlook.
- People recovering from addiction often struggle to sustain meaningful interpersonal relationships.
- 12-Step Programs. Holistic rehab programs are characterized by their crucial components, including the Narcotics Anonymous (N.A.) and Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A.) programs. This holistic treatment method for substance use disorder has existed since immemorial and remains among the most successful approaches toward leading a long-term sober life.
Holistic Drug Detox Benefits
The advantages of holistic therapy are multiple, yet one of the most significant is that you can safely and naturally wean off substances without relying on medications.
Many drugs used to treat withdrawal symptoms in traditional detox treatments are themselves addictive – like methadone or Suboxone for opiate addiction.
Medical warnings often accompany such drugs due to the risk of developing an addiction even while using them. The holistic treatment provides a safe alternative with no associated risks.
“Non-holistic treatment programs typically have a higher rate of relapse than the programs of holistic rehab treatment centers.”
– Ravikumar Bhalavat, M.D., Board Certified in General Psychiatry & Addiction Medicine
The advantages of holistic therapy can include:
- Minimal adverse reactions.
- A safe and holistic approach to care – noninvasive and non-addictive treatment methods.
- Taking care of your mental, physical, and spiritual well-being.
- Offers thorough detoxification from any substance abuse.
- Strengthen your cognitive abilities, focus better, and easily sharpen your memory.
Why Is Holistic Therapy Important?
Holistic therapy is important because it helps to address addiction at its root cause, restoring a sense of balance and harmony with oneself.
It is a natural approach that does not involve using drugs or medications and instead focuses on improving the person’s overall health and well-being from the inside out.
What Is A Holistic Approach In The Treatment Process?
A holistic approach in the treatment process is when an individual pays attention to both physical and mental aspects for total healing. Treatment centers recognize holistic treatments as an advantage since they allow patients to simultaneously get the care they need for their minds and body.
What Is The Meaning Of Detoxification Of Drugs?
The meaning of detoxification of drugs is the removal of toxic substances from the body. Detoxification is essential in holistic drug rehab, as it eliminates toxins inside your body.
Who Provides Holistic Addiction Treatment?
NHS and local charities provide holistic addiction treatment. However, private clinics offer holistic treatment programs as part of their services. Private holistic drug rehab typically provides thorough inpatient programs where holistic remedies are a core element of individualized treatment plans.
Is Holistic Therapy a Good Way to Start Your Recovery Journey?
Holistic drug and alcohol detoxification considers mental health, physical well-being, and emotional stability – not just the biological process of eliminating dangerous toxins from your body.
To begin this addiction recovery journey, I recommend Clear Choice Rescue Cleanse, a potent drink designed to jumpstart detoxing.
Rescue Cleanse formula triggers specific metabolic processes to flush out and eliminate toxins from your body.
By acting as antioxidants, these compounds aid in the body’s removal of free radicals from your bloodstream. The liver then effectively filters out these agents and eliminates them for good.